The Éconeau rain water collective systems are part of the Quebec Government strategy to reduce potable water consumption by 20 % by 2017 and to reduce the operating costs of the water filtering plants.
The use of rain water as various advantages at the ecological level. It allows to refrain from using groundwater that is already at a critical level during the summer period (many cities and towns have restrictions on water usage). Also, it is the solution in storm water management when they are clogged due to large downpours, without the loss of usable land. Actually, our rain water recovery tanks can be installed under parking lots, parks or community gardens to maximize usable space.
Uses for rain water:
- Supply building sanitary facilities.
- Clean roads, sidewalks and vehicles.
- Water ice rinks, sports grounds, landscaping, parks and community gardens.
- Fill public pools.
- For the general maintenance of buildings.
- Supply the reserves in case of fire.
Lead by example! Be among the first to have an Éconeau system in your municipality.